Wildlife

Just some of the wildlife I have seen from my rides. Of course I have seen many more in fleeting moments too quick to capture on camera. Perhaps one of the most memorable was a black bear running across the trail in front of me. He was so close I almost hit him! Another time I accidently got between a baby moose and mama. 

I have seen many deer (whitetail, blacktail, key and mule), pronghorn, buffalo, wild horses, moose, big horn sheep, several black bear, turkey (both wild and domestic), a porcupine, possum, fox, iguanas, assorted snakes (including rat, garter, milk, ring-neck, copperhead and rattlesnakes), turtles, squirrels (gray, pine, brown, red and black), marmots, prairie dogs, and an emu (escaped). I encountered a skunk twice, I didn't get sprayed. I also see many birds that I have never see except on a trail including bald eagles, golden eagles, great blue heron, scarlet tanager, indigo bunting, snowy owl, road runner and ring neck pheasant.


The moose here was much closer than the wide angle camera lens made it appear.



No comments:

Post a Comment