Silver Comet

 I have ridden a couple of sections of the Silver Comet Trail. I first rode a section near Atlanta several years ago. It was flat, smooth and had wide shoulders. It made a very good first impression. In 2026 I rode a portion starting at the Alabama boarder. I had started on the Chief Ladiga Trail and noticed a difference as soon as I crossed into Georgia. The Silver Comet was better maintained, had better signage and an overall more positive vibe.

One glaring exception was a white ghost bike at the first road crossing. It was a grim reminder to watch for traffic at all road crossings even those that have low traffic volume. I did find that crossings had good sight lines and didn’t feel any of the crossings were in any way unsafe.

I rode from the state line into Cedartown on this visit.

For more information see: https://www.silvercometga.com 

Here is a video of my ride: 





















No comments:

Post a Comment