Cape Cod Rail-Trail

The Cape Cod trail extends 27 miles from South Dennis to Wellfleet, Massachusetts. It is paved and has bike rental, food and rest stops along the trail, The trail passes several cranberry bogs on the western end. The trail also includes a traffic circle/rotary/round-about as part of the trail at the intersection with the Old Colony Rail-Trail.

I rode most of the trail in early May 2022. It was mostly flat with only an occasional small incline to pass over some busy roads. When there are road crossings traffic is supposed to stop for trail users and most do. There was one short on road section that was not well marked. I called up Google maps to be sure I was headed in the right direction. Overall, I found it to be a very enjoyable ride.

 

See a video of my ride on my YouTube channel Mark’s Bike Tock

Here are a couple of links for more information:

https://www.mass.gov/locations/cape-cod-rail-trail

https://www.capecodbikeguide.com/railtrail.asp






























No comments:

Post a Comment