Cherry Creek

When I visited Denver, CO, I wanted to ride a trail. Cherry Creek seemed a good choice. I thought the Cherry Creek State Park would be a good place to start. There was a small fee to park my car within the park that I paid at a self service kiosk. I started my ride at 39.63504, -104.85986.

Once I started riding I found it difficult to follow the Cherry Creek Trail. The park had many trails of identical construction and no signage. I gave up and decided to just explore around the park. Eventually I decided to ride around the reservoir. This required riding a bit of residential streets that were equally confusing. Eventually I found an unmarked path between two houses that took me back to the park. I eventually located the trail again after some distance. I was using Google maps bike layer for navigation but that helped only marginally. 

Regardless of the navigation issues the ride was pleasant and I enjoyed the landscape. It was basically flat and no cars except the short section on the streets that were devoid of cars when I rode. The park had several rest room facilities. Most of the trail I rode was paved except a short section along the reservoir. 

I accidentally stumbled upon the Piney Creek Trail but did not have time to ride it more than a half mile or so. Except for the lack of signs that made navigation difficult it was a very pleasant ride.

For more information about the trail visit Arapahoe County website
















No comments:

Post a Comment