Harveys Lake

Harveys Lake is the largest natural lake within Pennsylvania. I don’t generally ride on roads but the proximity to my house and the spectacular views motivated me to give it a try (on a quiet Sunday morning in the off season). I wore my brightest florescent clothes turned on my flashing tail light and hoped for the best. I was able to do a few laps and get some nice shots along the way. A few weeks later a woman jogging on the same road was struck and killed by a drunk driver. I have not been back.

Update. There was an organized ride around the lake in October, 2017. I missed the views and figured there was safety in numbers and gave it a shot. The ride was actually a time trial and marked my first bike race. Riding my usual hybrid and street clothes I managed to place third in my age group. Watch the video on my YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/xG_gI1nZ15c 









No comments:

Post a Comment